A new line of solenoid valves to control secondary coolant. These fluids include propylene glycol, ethylene glycol, Pecasol 50, Dynalene HC-40 and others. Parker's valve is the only valve designed to meet the requirements of both medium and low temperature applications encountered in supermarket applications.
What is Secondary Cooling?
In a secondary coolant, or secondary loop system, a chilled solution, such as propylene glyco, is circulated throughout the system rather than liquid refrigerant. Secondary coolant systems are advantageous because they can elimante liquid refrigerant and suction gas lines running through a store. This reduces installation costs and labor, and eliminates costly refrigerant leaks.
Also, PVC tubing can be used, rather than the heavier, more expensive copper tubing normally used in traditional systems. Again, this reduces installation costs and labor, and eliminates costly refrigerant leaks. Another benefit is more efficent defrost cycles with less potential product damage.
- Suitable for both medium and low temperature systems- ethylene propylene diaphragm and seals are compatible with secondary fluids.
- Less maintencance and more dependability result from the NEMA 4 coils that protect against water, icing and vibration.
- Pressure drop (loss) is minimized by the unique hung diaphragm construction, eliminating the need fo a minimum pressure differential.
- Quantity and quality of fluid flow is ensured by the large Cv rating that accurately matches fluid to flow characteristics.
- Easily matches up to system piping. valves are available in sizes 5/8" to 2-1/8" ODF, ensuring that a valve is available for every common line size.
- Easy brazing and faster installation possible with the copper sweat connections which eliminate the need for pipe threaded connections and associated leaks.
- Maximum Fluid Temperature: -40F to +180F
- Valve Body: Forged brass
- Connections: ODF Copper
- Plunger and Pole Piece: Stainless Steel
- Enclosing Tube: Stainless Steel
- Springs: Stainless Steel
- Diaphragm: EPDM
- Seals: EPDM
- Safe Working Pressure: 250 PSIG